Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Track Engineer to be based
out of Reading working for a Rail Consultancy on a long term Contract basis. In these roles you will
act as designer and direct engineers and technicians in producing engineering surveys, designs,
studies and reports for railway infrastructure projects.
* Design Permanent Way engineering projects, in accordance with clients’ requirements
* Check designs produced by junior staff. Undertake independent design checking carried out by
other sections/offices as required
* Achieve the targets as agreed for delivery of projects to current engineering and safety standards,
within agreed timescales and budgets
* Lead all types of Permanent Way Surveys where appropriate or assist on
You will be proficient at computer aided design including Microstation, Mx and ClearRoute.
Furthermore, you will need to have a good understanding of safety standards and the safety
implications of working practices.
* Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others, affected by the operations
Wiedza, umiejętności i doświadczenie
* Ideally you will have HNC or equivalent and Membership of relevant institution
* Good railway permanent way engineering design and construction principles and standards
* Proficient at computer aided design
* S&C design experience with MX capability
* Good knowledge of permanent way engineering design and construction principles and standards